Company: Qualcomm India Private Limited
Job Area: Finance & Accounting Group, Finance & Accounting Group Customs
Qualcomm India Private Limited is seeking a Customs Specialist to join their Import Compliance and Indirect Tax department. This position will be based in Hyderabad and will be responsible for supporting import activity for multiple offices in India. The Customs Specialist will work closely with local logistics and operations to ensure compliant filing of customs import entries in a timely manner. They will also collaborate with engineering and other local departments to gather information on products to determine HS classification, valuation, and appropriate licensing as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- – 1+ year of Customs, International Business, or related work experience
- – Completed advanced degree in a relevant field may be substituted for up to one year (Master’s = one year) of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, International Business, or related field
- – 3+ years of Customs, International Business, or related work experience
- – Customs Broker License or country equivalent
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transactional import support
- – HS classification of various technical products
- – Providing HS to customs brokers and procurement
- – Responding to queries from customs brokers and customs
- – Managing internal system holds and notifications
- – Requests for supporting internal documentation
- – Chip Import Monitoring System (CHIMS) declaration support
2. Audit and Reporting
- Broker and other data KPI support
- – Continuous broker auditing
- – Fair Market Value requests for fixed assets
- – Auditing electronic recordkeeping to ensure accuracy
- – Data entry and upload across company systems
- Develop and provide training to various internal and external teams
- – New regulations, new products, customs rulings
- – Training and refreshers for Customs brokers
- – Local and regional internal training
- – Systems process training
- – Maintaining process documentation
Level of Responsibility:
- Works under supervision
- – Decision-making affects direct area of work and/or work group
- – Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information
- – Works within prescribed budgetary objectives of the department
- – Tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning, problem-solving, and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively
Applicants: If you need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending an email to [email address].
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. The company expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications, or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees, or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact [contact information].