PM Narendra Modi announced Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge to the Indian Tech & Startup community to come with innovative solutions to which help not only Indians but also the people across the globe.
Today there is immense enthusiasm among the tech & start-up community to create world class Made in India Apps. To facilitate their ideas and products @GoI_MeitY and @AIMtoInnovate are launching the Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge. https://t.co/h0xqjEwPko— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 4, 2020
The government of India already been pushing the Startups towards innovation with great support and infrastructure under Digital India, Startup India, and Make in India initiatives.
Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge is launched by MeitY in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world-class Apps in their respective categories.
This challenge comes with cash rewards, ecosystem support, and much more.
Though this comes after banning the 59 Chinese apps due to security reasons (political reasons aside), this situation has thrown Indian innovators a bigger opportunity to prove and establish a bigger market worldwide.
The challenge is announced for 8 main categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fintech
Various sub-categories can be derived from the above, visit the below link for more details.
Following Awards will be given in each of the Eight Categories
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups will be eligible to submit their entries in various categories
INNOVATION CHALLENGE PROCESS
- The Innovation Challenge will be available on innovate.mygov.in
- The last date of submission of entry is 18th July 2020
- The applicant needs to apply only online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on MyGov portal: www.mygov.in
- Applicants are advised to provide self-contained proposals with essential supporting materials provided as uploads for an informed and fair evaluation/review.
- No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Providing incorrect information will lead to outright rejection of proposals.
|Launch of Innovation Challenge
|4th July 2020, on innovate.mygov.in
|Last date for Submission:
|18th July 2020 at 5:30 P.M
|Screening of Entries Received
|20th to 24th July 2020
|Evaluation by the Jury
|27th July to 3rd August 2020
|7th August, 2020